A Zimbabwean blogger with insider information deep inside the Mugabe administration, this whistleblower reported on a number of issues that are increasingly worrying Mugabe. Baba Jukwa means ‘father of Jukwa’.
- Over 250,000 followers on Facebook, in a country with only 4 million people with internet access.
- Claims to be a disillusioned but high ranking official in the Zanu-PF, the current reigning party.
- Has reported on a number of issues including Robert Mugabe’s increasingly frailty, put up personal telephone numbers of governmental officials and even predicted the assassination of Edward Chindori Chininga.
- Mugabe has reportedly offered a US $300,000 reward on finding Baba Jukwa’s identity.
- Signs off his posts with ‘Asijiki’ – a Shona word meaning ‘we do not retreat’.